Official ! – Alexis Sanchez To Be The New ” Lionel Messi ” At Arsenal

Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez says he wants to become same focal point of attack at the Emirates Stadium as Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.

Manager Arsene Wenger has altered the Gunners line-up this season to make to Chilean central forward, having played much of the past season – 2015-16 – from the wing, while French international Olivier Giroud has been left on the bench on several occasions.

The French forward came on to score a late equalizer in our 1-1 draw with Manchester United on Saturday, but the manager described the Chilean 90-minute performance as “remarkable” after playing two games with Chile on international duty.

Sanchez has revealed he is enjoying the new role and looking to model his game on his former Barcelona team-mate in order to bring other players into play.

“I like the way that Lionel Messi plays,” Alexis told Arsenal Player. “He likes to drop deep and let other players run on ahead of him, like Jordi Alba, Dani Alves and myself, when I used to play on the right there, then look to find him in the middle again.

“Not quite a false nine. I like getting involved in the play more rather than chasing the ball. I like seeing lots of the ball because I have the chance to drop deep and that means I can link up with my team-mates more.”

Sanchez has started 11 of Arsenal’s 12 Premier League games this season, scoring six goals and contributing three assists, while Giroud has scored three league goals but has yet to start a game in the current top-flight campaign.

Arsenal take on Bournemouth at the Emirates in their next Premier League game.