Sad News ! – Arsenal Star Suspended for final UCL group game vs. FC Basel

Arsenal’s and French international Francis Coquelin will miss our side last Champions League group match against FC Basle after he picked up a yellow card against Paris Saint-Germain.

The French defender committed a foul in the 34th minute to warrant his second yellow card of the group stages in this season’s competition.

Coquelin first yellow card was picked up in the reverse fixture in Paris in Arsenal’s first Champions League match of the season, where we earned a 1-1 draw at the Parc des Princes.

We played out a thrilling 2-2 draw, meaning Arsene Wenger’s men will have to beat Basel to ensure our progress to the knockout stages as group winners, this could potentially give us an easier round of 16 draw.

We will not be short of cover in the defensive midfield position, with Swiss international Granit Xhaka and Mohammed Elneny still available for Wenger to pick.

Coquelin has averaged five defensive actions per game in the Champions League this season, including 13 interception and two clearances. He also has a pass accuracy rate of 90%.