Wenger Hit By Another Blow As Gareth Southgate Officially Becomes England Manager

The worst kept secret in football is finally out as Gareth Southgate according to Calciomercato is officially named as the new coach of the England national football team. The 46-year-old has signed a four-year deal worth a reported £2 million a season. It  has however been thought Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger would be named as the England national coach at the end of  the season.
Southgate took charge for four interim games, which included victory in a World Cup qualifier against the Auld Enemy, Scotland, after the sacking of Sam Allardyce. The former Under 21 coach underwent a three-hour interview last week but has always been the clear favourite to get the role on a full-time basis.
Speaking at his unveiling, Southgate declared that; “”I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the players over these past four games and I think there is huge potential. I am extremely proud to be appointed England manager. However, I am also conscious getting the job is one thing, now I want to do the job successfully. I’m determined to give everything I have to give the country a team that they’re proud of and one that they’re going to enjoy watching play and develop.”