Done ! – Arsenal to announce £380,000-a-week for Ozil and Sanchez

Arsenal will be heavily involved with contracts negotiation for majority of players as contract for most of the players in the team are billed to expire in 2018.

According to reports, the Gunners have made progress in negotiations with German playmaker Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, this is according to Arsenal’s general secretary David Miles.

Both players have rejected Arsenal’s initial offers and have jointly demanded increases to £384,000-a-week to sign.

There are currently up to 10 players whose contract will be expiring at the end of next season and this number includes Santi Cazorla.

‘Of course, we know talks are ongoing with certain players and certain contracts,’ Miles told BT Sport.

‘At the moment, things are looking pretty good in that way.’

Arsenal’s general secretary was also asked about Wenger potentially completing a new signing to aid the club’s title push this season.

‘Obviously that’s Arsene’s domain, and it’s in very safe hands,’ said Miles.

‘I know he’s already looking for opportunities to strengthen the squad.’