Done Deal + Photo Proof – Star SPOTTED In Arsenal Jersey As He Undergo Medicals

Bayern Munich star Arturo Vidal has admitted he could miss his club’s round of 16 clash with Arsenal due to injury.

The two sides are set to clash once again in Europe’s top competition with the first leg scheduled for February 15 at Allianz Arena.

Vidal, however, is struggling with a rib problem and aggravated the injury as Bayern returned to action on Friday after the Bundesliga’s international break.

The Chile international was forced off with the problem in the second half as Bayern came from behind to beat Freiburg 2-1 thanks to a late Robert Lewandowski goal.

Vidal now says he needs to spend some time on the sidelines recuperating and is unsure if he will be fit to face the Gunners.

“I feel bad,” Vidal told tz. “I’ve got severe pain in the ribs. I can’t play like this and must take a break now.

“Anyway, I’ve already missed a week’s training. Now it looks like I’ll need at least a further two or three weeks’ break.

“Only by doing this can I completely recover. Then we will see how I feel for the Champions League game.”

The absence of Vidal would be a blow for Carlo Ancelotti’s side who are currently favourites to progress and top the Bundesliga by three points after 17 games.

However, Bayern have not quite matched the heights of previous seasons so far and Arsenal will be optimistic that this is their chance to knock the German champions out.