Just In: “It’s Pleasure To Train With Mesut Ozil ” Thierry Henry Back To Arsenal

Sky pundit Thierry Henry revealed that it was a “pleasure” to train with Mesut Ozil at Arsenal three years ago, during the MLS off-season.

After leaving Barcelona in 2010, Henry spent the final four years of his career at New York Red Bulls, scoring over 50 goals in that time, but to keep himself fit during the off-season, he often returned to the club where he made his name.

The retired striker spent eight years at Arsenal before departing to Barcelona, winning two Premier League titles, two FA Cups and two Community Shields, while also becoming the club’s all-time record goalscorer. However he was left very impressed with Ozil during those training sessions to keep up his fitness three years ago.

“Three years ago, during the MLS off-season, I was back in London and doing some training with Arsenal to keep up the old fitness levels,” the pundit wrote in his column for The Sun. “I rocked up at London Colney excited to see one player above all others doing his thing — Mesut Ozil.

“And, boy, I was not disappointed. What a player. In fact, the only disappointing thing was that he wasn’t good for my fitness because he kept pinging the ball straight to my feet! There was no need to run! Wow! The guy was unreal. It was a pleasure!”

The 28-year-old has scored five goals and created 50 chances in 19 Premier League appearances this season, with an average pass accuracy of 87%, as the Gunners sit second on 47 points, eight behind leaders Chelsea.

Next up for them is an away clash at Southampton in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, before taking on Watford at the Emirates.