Wenger And Gazidis Meet French Champions To Complete Move 30-Goal Hitman

Arsenal have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Alexandre Lacazette after the Lyon striker dubbed the Premier League ‘interesting’ and persisted a Champions League move was not the ultimate for him.

The France striker looks to be on his way out of the Ligue 1this summer and was a transfer target for Atletico Madrid before they were banned against registering any player till next year.

After scoring 35 goals in 45 appearances this season, the 26-year-old has become one of the hottest properties in the transfer market, as he now has the attention of many clubs in Europe and the Gunners are not left out.

And Arsene Wenger has received a lifeline by comments the starlet made in a Facebook Live chat with Eurosport by signaling he could do without Champions League play for a season.

He said: ‘Is the Champions League a dealbreaker for my choice? No, but it is important.

‘In making my choice, I will look at my position [in my next club], if there are not too many players, so I won’t be benched and I will be able to play.

‘The Premier League is interesting. That does not mean I will go, and that does not mean I will refuse to go.’

Lacazette insists he has moved on from the breakdown of a potential move to Diego Simeone’s side.

‘Like everyone else, I heard the news. This was always going to be a possibility, it was 50-50. The decision has not perturbed me, life goes on,’ he added.