Deal Done + Photo Proof – Shakespeare Confirms Arsenal-Mahrez Deal

Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare has confirmed Riyad Mahrez’s dream of playing for a top six club amid interestfrom Arsenal and Roma.

The Algeria international has made no secret of his desire to leave the

The Algeria international has made no bones about his intention to leave the former Premier League champions in search of greener pasture this summer, but Shakespeare insisted that the Foxes will only let the player go if their asking price is met.

Roma had a €23m (£20.6m, $26.8m) for Mahrez rejected earlier this summer and are believed to be preparing a new bid closer to Leicester’s €40m valuation. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admitted that he wants to bring the former Le Havre starlet to north London, but the Gunners seem to have Monaco’s Thomas Lemar as their top target at the moment.

To his credit, Mahrez has been a part of Leicester’s pre-season schedule and has been applauded for his skills as the Midlands outfit prepare for the forthcoming campaign.

Shakespeare was refreshingly frank when questioned about Mahrez’s future after Leicester were humiliated by Burton Albion on Tuesday (1 August), and would be glad to see the talismanic attacker remain at the King Power Stadium if a good enough offer does not come along.

“He wants to play for a top six club,” Shakespeare was quoted as saying by Football365. “If we don’t get an offer from a top six club, he stays. If that offer comes in and it’s not enough, he stays. It is quite clear for me at the moment, he has made that statement but he is our player.

“I picked him for 60 minutes, he performed. Is it doing my head in? It’s part and parcel of the transfer window. If you let it, it can affect you. But my job is to make sure