Confirmed – Ozil Signs New Arsenal Deal

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil may sign lucrative new £300k-per-week deal due to lack of interest in his signature.

The Germany international may choose to remain at the Emirates for the long-term as he has failed to catch the attention of any buying club this summer.

The 28-year-old is currently in the final year of his contract with the Gunners.

According to the Mirror’s John Cross, a new deal worth £300,000-a-week has been tabled before Ozil.

Per the source, Ozil hasn’t had many offers from other clubs which may leave him with no choice but to pen a new deal for the Gunners.

Cross went onto say that interest is high for the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain – who both have less than 12-months left on their current deals.

”[Arsenal] want to give him [Ozil] a new contract, without doubt,” Cross told the Mirror.

“But most people would see that as ‘protecting the asset’ as much as truly wanting him to stay.

“Let’s be honest here: Mesut Ozil hasn’t had a raft of offers like some of other guys, like Alexis Sanchez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, have had. It’s changed.

“At some point, Mesut Ozil might turn around and say, ‘You know what? I could leave on a free [next summer] and maybe get a really good package as a free transfer… or I could stay here, where I’m being offered £300,000 a week.

“This [the offer to Ozil] is unchartered territory for Arsenal”

Ozil fell under hard criticism following Arsenal’s 1-0 defeat at the hands of Stoke City last weekend. The Germany international provided 14 assists and scored 12 goals in 44 appearances for the north Londoners last season.