Confirmed – Swap Deal For Sanchez Is Done – Medicals Tomorrow

Arsenal and Manchester City close to sealing Alexis Sanchez  swap deal with Raheem Sterling, according to pundit Ray Wilkins.

Alexis Sanchez’s contract with the Gunners will run out at the end of the season and he is keen on leaving the Emirates.

Manchester City have had a turned down for the Chile international worth £50million.

Arsenal would be more willing to relive Sanchez of his contract if they got a player in return, with City winger Raheem Sterling linked with a potential swap deal.

Wilkins says unsettled Sanchez should be allowed to move and a deal will happen if Sterling is made a part of the deal.

“You’d think they’d have to take it,” Wilkins said on talkSPORT.

“They’ve got an unsettled guy there, he’s a fantastic footballer but he’s unsettled.

Arsenal are unsettled enough at the moment, I think they have to take the money.

“If Raheem Sterling is coming the other way it’s a done deal one would have thought.”

Wilkins does not think Sterling will be happy if City are willing to let him go and reckons he still has lots of improving to do.

“I think he will be extremely unhappy with the situation, that they’re looking to let him go,” Wilkins added.

“I was listening to Pep Guardiola at the weekend when he said he has so many attributes but when he’s in front of goal, he can’t do it.

“I honestly do believe, when you’re talking about putting the ball in the back of the net, that’s technique.

“That’s 10-15 minutes a day, take him after training, no matter how much he cost, no matter if he’s an England international or not, that’s 10 minutes a day to improve that finishing.

“It can be done quite comfortably.”