Arsenal Banter brings you latest update on Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail, Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on.
Borussia Dortmund has confirmed that Arsenal has submitted an official bid for Pierre-Emerick. Aubameyang, 28, handed in a transfer request at Dortmund and the Gunners are keen to sign the forward as a replacement for Manchester United-bound Alexis Sanchez. Reports on Saturday afternoon claimed that Arsenal had made an offer worth €50million for Aubameyang and Dortmund’s CEO spoke out amid the speculation.
‘I can confirm that there has been a first request from Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang,’ Hans-Joachim Watzke told RuhrNachrichten.de. ‘We are not commenting on the sums that have been called from England since noon today.’
Aubameyang has been absent for Dortmund’s last three matches and was caught playing an indoor five-a-side match with friends during the side’s clash with Hertha Berlin. On the striker’s current situation, Dortmund boss Peter Stoger said on Friday: ‘Well generally it doesn’t bother me at all if Aubameyang right now is kicking it around somewhere else.
‘That’s his decision. If he had been good the moment we had training, he would have played [Friday] today.
‘But I didn’t have that impression of him in the last training before the match. ‘I felt like he was busy with many things but not this important match. That’s why he wasn’t with us. ‘If he is also playing football all the time next week and there are photos of him, then he will be in the squad against Freiburg.’