Player Ratings: Arsenal 4-2 Vorskla Emith Smith Rowe almost on target

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang speaking to BT Sport: “I think we payed well in the firsthalf and in the beginning of the second as well. We have to improve and try to fight not to concede a goal like we did in the last minute.

“I didn’t play the Europa League last year with the guys so I am really happy to be back in this competition. We want to go to the final of course.

“I hope we can do well in the next few games. We know the Premier League is long. We have to win these games straight away and perform quickly. It is good to start with a win.”

Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck speaking to BT Sport: “It was a convincing win. It was difficult in the first half to impose our style of play but we had to be patient to try and implement things.

“We got a few goals but it was disappointing to concede a few too. With the squad that we have got, we are focused on the next game.

“Everybody looks forward to the next game and we always want to win. All the lads are enjoying it [under Unai Emery] and you can see the way he wants to play. We are right behind his ideas.

“We want to keep getting better and better. There are always standards and we want to keep on improving.

“It is healthy to have great players all over the pitch and to have everyone fighting to be in that starting XI. It is a good headache for the manager to have.”