Video goals: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley

Arsenal continued their winning start to our 2019/20 Premier League campaign with a 2-1 victory over Burnley at the Emirates on Saturday.

We temporarily moved to the top of the table prior to Liverpool’s 2-1 win away to Southampton.

Alexandre Lacazette showed good strength in holding off two Burnley defenders after controlling Dani Ceballos’ corner, turning and firing past Nick Pope for our opener inside 15 minutes.

However, we failed to capialise on our dominance as Reiss Nelson had a goal ruled out for offside before Ashley Barnes equalised shortly before half-time.

Real Madrid loanee Ceballos put in a man of the match performance on his full debut for the club whilst club record signing Nicolas Pepe looked exciting after being introduced at half-time. It was the 23-year-old Ceballos that setup the winning goal. The Spaniard won possession outside the Burnley box, playing the ball into Aubameyang, who fired in the 64th minute winner from the edge of the area.

Throughout the game our back four didn’t look reassuring at all, just one week ahead of our trip to Liverpool. David Luiz partnered Sokratis in the middle of our defence but looked anything but solid, whilst goalkeeper Bernd Leno looked unsure dealing with corners and crosses all game.

Two positives moving forward are that we have maximum points and that are attack is looking impressive. We haven’t seen the best of Nicolas Pepe yet, whilst we also have Mesut Ozil to return.

Watch all the goals from Arsenal 2-1 Burnley here: