Video goals: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal

Arsenal were handed a first defeat of the 2019/20 Premier League season as we were thrashed 3-1 at Liverpool on Saturday evening.

Jurgen Klopp’s side were on the front foot from the opening minute but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looped an effort narrowly wide after a howler from Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian, whilst Nicolas Pepe shot straight at the Spaniard after an amazing solo run that started in his own half.

After a dogged display at the back the hosts finally broke through five minutes before half-time when Joel Matip headed home a corner after poor marking. Replays showed the Reds would have almost-certainly been awarded a penalty if the Cameroonian’s effort had not gone in as our defence was all over Virgil van Dijk’s shirt.

David Luiz was all over Mohamed Salah’s shirt when the Brazilian conceded a penalty in the opening minutes of the second half that the Liverpool superstar duly converted. The Egyptian added a fine finish less than 10 minutes to put the game to bed.

Liverpool sat off towards the end of the game and Lucas Torreira was able to grab a consolation.

Watch all the goals from Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal here: