When will Kieran Tierney make his Arsenal debut?

Arsenal fans were excited for the season ahead with some good deals made during the summer transfer window.

The Gunners landed Nicolas Pepe for a club record fee of £72 million from Lille, Dani Ceballos has been brought in on a season-long loan, and experienced centre-back David Luiz was signed from rivals Chelsea.

All three of the aforementioned players have been involved in our opening three games, starting at least one game each.

However, we are yet to see exciting left-back Kieran Tierney. The 22-year-old arrived in a £25 million deal from Scottish champions Celtic and was handed the number three shirt. The Scotland international has been on the medical table ever since he arrived at the Emirates though, as he joined the club after recently undergoing groin surgery.

Arsenal have posted an injury update on their official website this morning, confirming that Tierney’s recovery is going well and could be back in full training as early as next month. Realistically, it would take him several weeks after to get his fitness levels up to Premier League standard, so right now one would estimate the earliest we’ll see our new signing in action would be October.

Fellow defensive absentees Hector Bellerin and Rob Holding are both progressing well on their recoveries will not be available for the North London derby this weekend.