Match report: Arsenal 3-2 Vitoria

Arsenal came from behind to pull off a dramatic, late victory to make it three wins from three in the Europa League with a 3-2 victory over Vitoria Guimaraes at Emirates Stadium.

Substitute Nicolas Pepe proved to be the hero with two sublime free kicks in the final 10 minutes to win us the game.

The Portuguese outfit had taken a 1-0 lead after only eight minutes through Englishman Marcus Edwards. The youngster received a cutback from our left byline before converting low past Emi Martinez. Only moments earlier had Vitoria tried the same trick, but clearly we didn’t learn.

18-year-old sensation Gabriel Martinelli popped up for his third goal in his last two games in this competition when he headed home from six yards on 32 minutes.

However, the visitors restored their lead through Bruno Duarte just four minutes later when he pounced on a rebound following a counter-attack to send it us into half-time trailing 1-2.

We started to pile the pressure on from the midway point of the second half, and although Vitoria offered some threat on the counter-attack, an equaliser looked inevitable. It arrived in the 80th minute through Nicolas Pepe’s free kick from the right-hand edge of the box, only five minutes after replacing Alexandre Lacazette.

The Ivorian later won a free kick outside the D in a central position before curling home a sublime effort from 25 yards into the top corner for our 92nd minute winner.

This maintains our 100% winning start to the Group prior to heading over to Portugal in a fortnight’s time.