Player ratings: Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace

Arsenal blew a two-goal lead to draw at home with Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Sunday.

The result now leaves us four points behind both Leicester City and Chelsea after 10 games in the battle for a Champions League place.

Players were booed off the pitch at the full-time whistle in a game we had been expecting to win.

My player ratings from Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace are as follows:

Bernd Leno 6 – Will be disappointed with the second goal, but showed good command of his six yard box by coming out to collect a number of dangerous crosses.

Calum Chambers – 5 – Conceded the penalty to let Crystal Palace back into the game and Wilfried Zaha generally terrorised him. Calum Chambers had been having a decent season prior to today’s game.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos 8 – Headed in our opener and should have been awarded the winning goal but for a dreadful VAR decision to overturn it. Sokratis was solid in defence today, making a couple of important interceptions.

David Luiz 5 – Apart from putting us into a two-goal lead it was a terrible performance from David Luiz. The centre-back lost Jordan Ayew far too easily for their equaliser sloppy passing at the back saw us concede possession in our own half.

Kieran Tierney 6 – Adequate defensively on his Premier League debut and offered width when going forward down the left.

Granit Xhaka 4 – The captain will be most remembered in this match for slamming his shirt to the floor and storming off down the tunnel after being substituted. As for his performance, Granit Xhaka was too careless in possession.

Matteo Guendouzi 7 – More of the same from the young midfielder. Matteo Guendouzi’s energy tried to drive us forward, but ultimately we didn’t score in open play today.

Dani Ceballos 5 – Not sure what Unai Emery was thinking when deciding to put Dani Ceballos down the left wing. The Spanish playmaker spent more time defending than creating chances.

Nicolas Pepe 6 – Back off his brace in the Europa League on Thursday night, Nicolas Pepe delivered some excellent corners as we strolled into a 2-0 lead inside the opening 10 minutes. Unfortunately, he faded as the game went on.

Alexandre Lacazette 6 – Worked hard, hit the frame of the goal and tested Wayne Hennessey twice. Wasn’t Alexandre Lacazette’s day but his work rate was there and he’s only recently back from injury.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 5 – Saw very little of the ball as we lacked service into Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s feet.

Substitutes

Bukayo Saka (30 mins) 4 – Couldn’t get into the game and therefore created nothing despite being on for half an hour.

Sead Kolasinac (16 mins) N/A – Helped prevent Crystal Palace from getting a winner at least, but it summed the game up that we’re making a defensive change in the final 20 minutes when drawing at home to Crystal Palace…