Arsenal’s potential FA Cup 5th round opponents revealed

Arsenal are set to kick off against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium in the FA Cup in less than 30 minutes’ time. This is the final fixture of this season’s fourth round ties, prior to the required replays.

The draw for the next round has just been made, confirming that the winners of this evening’s match will stay on the south coast for the fifth round and go to 2008 winners Portsmouth. Pompey currently ply their trade in League One.

With Bournemouth being badly out-of-form and with an eye on the weekend’s crunch relegation battle with Aston Villa, this is a perfect opportunity for Arsenal to not only make the last 16, but the quarter-finals as we would be matched up against a team two divisions below us.

Mikel Arteta has rotated a number of his regular first-team players, notably in attack. However, I am feeling confident for our chances with Gabriel Martinelli and Bukayo Saka, both starting, having impressed earlier this season.

The Cherries have dropped Callum Wilson to the bench. With Dominik Solanke leading the line I am even hopeful of a clean sheet!

The full draw for the 2019-20 FA Cup fifth round is as follows:

Sheffield Wednesday vs Manchester City
Reading/Cardiff City vs Sheffield United
Chelsea vs Shrewsbury/Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United/Oxford United
Leicester City vs Coventry City/Birmingham City
Northampton Town/Derby County vs Manchester United
Southampton/Tottenham Hostpur vs Norwich City
Portsmouth vs Bournemouth/Arsenal