Player ratings: Arsenal 3-2 Everton

Arsenal came from behind to pick up a valuable 3-2 win at home to Everton on Sunday.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin gave the visitors the lead inside the first minute before Eddie Nketiah produced a fine equaliser just before the half hour mark.

A brace from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang either side of half-time and either side of Richarlison’s equaliser lead us on our way to victory.

Victory moves us ahead of Everton and into ninth place, still seven points outside of the top four.

Here are my player ratings from Arsenal 3-2 Everton:

Bernd Leno 8 – The German should have done better with Richarlison’s first half stoppage time equaliser but produced a string of fine second half saves to help us hang onto the three points.

Hector Bellerin 5 – Struggled badly in defence. Alex Iwobi had success out wide for Everton whilst Richarlison drifted out the left too as he knew he could get the better of Hector Bellerin today.

Shkodran Mustafi 6 – Forced out wide to deal with Richarlison on several occasions but did make some key last-ditch challenges to deny Everton good opportunities.

David Luiz 7 – Did adequate in defence today. Was very good in possession, notably producing an excellent assist for Aubameyang’s first goal.

Sead Kolasinac N/A (18 mins) – Played Everton onside for their opening goal inside 60 seconds. A baffling move from the left-back who went off injured not long afterwards.

Dani Ceballos 8 – Worked very hard off the ball in winning the ball back for us on a number of occasions in a deep position today. Dani Ceballos was also very good in possession to start attacks from deep. Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet in the final 20 minutes.

Granit Xhaka 7 – Stuck to his defensive midfield duties reasonably well today and looked after the ball well in possession.

Nicolas Pepe 7 – Had the beating of Leighton Baines down the right wing and added another assist to his name. Nicolas Pepe created a couple of more chances too.

Mesut Ozil 6 – Wasn’t the most influential today, but still played a couple of excellent passes and created the odd chance. Replaced in the final 10 minutes but perhaps could have gone off earlier.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 9 – A consistent threat to the Everton defence, capped off with a brace, including a fine finish for his first.

Eddie Nketiah 8 – Showed good technique to produce our equaliser. Eddie Nketiah was unlucky not to have a second when his effort came back off the crossbar. The youngster also held up the ball well to bring teammates into play.

Substitutes

Bukayo Saka (72 mins) 6 – Was excellent immediately after coming on, assisting our equaliser within 10 minutes of being on the pitch. However, he struggled in defence today and was noticeably tired in the second half.

Lucas Torreira (15 mins) N/A – Replaced Dani Ceballos to give us more energy and battle in front of defence for the final 15 minutes.

Matteo Guendouzi (9 mins) N/A – Replaced Mesut Ozil to add an extra defensive body on the pitch to hang onto our 3-2 lead.