Confirmed lineups: Portsmouth vs Arsenal

Arsenal are back in action this evening as we’re away to Portsmouth in the FA Cup fifth round.

Mikel Arteta will be looking to bounce back from our Europa League calamity last Thursday when we were dumped out at home by Olympiacos.

Portsmouth are two divisions below us but do sit third in League One and have won 14 of their last 15 games at home (D1) in all competitions.

Here are the two confirmed lineups for Monday night’s game:

Arsenal

Emi Martinez; Sokratis, David Luiz, Pablo Mari, Bukayo Saka; Lucas Torreira, Matteo Guendouzi, Joe Willock; Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah, Gabriel Martinelli

Substitutes: Bernd Leno, Rob Holding, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Granit Xhaka, Dani Ceballos, Nicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette

Mikel has made nine changes from our last outing, a lot more than I was expecting. Emi Martinez replaces Bernd Leno in goal, whilst Pablo Mari makes his debut at centre-back. The 26-year-old Spaniard arrived from Flamengo over the summer. Sokratis will be out at right-back again it appears, though it is possible to play a 3-5-2 with the players named in the starting XI. One would think the boss is sticking to the 4-3-3 instead.

Bukayo Saka and David Luiz are the only two players to retain their place from the side that lost to Olympiacos. It’s good to see Eddie Nketiah get another start, as well as Gabriel Martinelli out on the left. Fellow youngsters Joe Willock and Reiss Nelson are also in attack.

Portsmouth

Alex Bass; Ross McCrorie, James Bolton, Christian Burgess, Steve Seddon; Ben Close, Cameron McGeehan, Ryan Williams, Gareth Evans, Marcus Harness; Ellis Harrison

Substitutes: Craig MacGillivray, Sean Raggett, Jack Whatmough, Tom Naylor, Andy Cannon, John Marquis, Ronan Curtis

10 years ago this was a Premier League fixture. Portsmouth were a team that Sol Campbell and Kanu joined towards the end of their career. These days I don’t recognise any of the names so apologies for not being 100% sure on the formation but it appears to be a 4-5-1 named by Kenny Jackett.

There are no replays in this round so the tie could go to penalties if need be.