Player ratings: Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Arsenal started the 2020-21 Premier League season with an impressive 3-0 thrashing of Fulham at Craven Cottage this lunchtime.

Alexandre Lacazette got the scoring underway after only eight minutes and we never looked back from there Gabriel Magalhaes marked his debut with the second quickly after the break before Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang put the icing on the cake just before the hour.

Mikel Arteta was able to to give time to youngster Eddie Nketiah in the second half, whilst Matt Macey was the substitute goalkeeper after Emi Martinez completed his move to Aston Villa today.

Here are my player ratings from Fulham 0-3 Arsenal:

Bernd Leno 6 – Made a great save in the opening minutes but didn’t have much else to do in his Premier League return following injury in the final months of the 2019-20 campaign.

Rob Holding 8 – Comfortable game on the right of our defence. Granted, Fulham were without their top scorer from last season and offered very little threat up front.

Gabriel 9 – Fantastic debut from the Brazilian at centre-back. Scored the goal that killed Fulham off straight after the break and didn’t put a foot wrong all game.

Kieran Tierney 8 – Didn’t have much work to do defensively and played some good forward passes to help with our attacks.

Hector Bellerin 8 – Did his job defensively and linked up with Willian in their first start together. Put a few good crosses into the box for a change too.

Mohamed Elneny 7 – Stayed discipline in this position particularly as Tom Cairney gets a lot of hype in Fulham’s midfield. Comfortable passing game from Mohamed Elneny without anything spectacular.

Granit Xhaka 7 – Made a lot of passes and didn’t have to hold back with Elneny serving as protection in front of our defence. Blazed a decent opportunity over the bar.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles 6 – Showed his versatility by being deployed down the left. Did give the ball away a bit more than the rest of our team.

Willian 9 – Excellent down the right by recording two assists and playing his part in the opener too. Willian struck the post from a free kick that was inches away from being a perfect debut for the 32-year-old. Rested in the final 15 minutes as Nicolas Pepe was given a run out.

Alexandre Lacazette 8 – Opened the scoring and worked hard off the ball as the striker today.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 8 – Another excellent display and finish from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who also saw an effort cleared off the line.

Substitutes

Nicolas Pepe (17 mins) N/A – Looked useful on the counter attack late on but not involved in any chances.

Dani Ceballos (14 mins) N/A – Showed some nice touches in the short time he was on the pitch.

Eddie Nketiah (5 mins) N/A – Wasn’t on the field long but always good for the youngster to get some experience under his belt, particularly if Alexandre Lacazette leaves during the window.