Arteta gives injury update on Tierney

Kieran Tierney pulled up with an injury in the pre-match warm-up ahead of Arsenal’s 2-1 win over West Ham United at the Emirates on Saturday night.

The Scotland international’s injury saw Sead Kolasinac drafted into the starting lineup, whilst the visitors’ goal came from down his side.

As well as missing Tierney in the back three, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang seemed to suffer from the left-back’s absence as our captain failed to get greatly involved in the game without his support in attack.

Speaking after the game, Mikel Arteta gave an injury update on Kieran Tierney, telling our official website:

“Kieran is fine. He had a little muscular discomfort in the last few days. He tried today and worked in the warm-up but he wasn’t feeling comfortable today.”

It would appear the injury is nothing too serious for Kieran Tierney and that we can hope he is back for Wednesday’s EFL Cup third round trip to Leicester City.

Arsenal are back in Premier League action on Monday 28 September when we travel to champions Liverpool. We’ll be keen to have our left-back in time for that game for sure as I personally wouldn’t want to see what Mohamed Salah can do against Sead Kolasinac.

Our 2-1 victory over West Ham saw us end Saturday joint top of the Premier League with Everton and Crystal Palace, each with six points after two games. We can be joined by Leicester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Chelsea or Liverpool by the end of the weekend.