Date confirmed for Liverpool EFL clash

Arsenal are set to face Liverpool twice in a week as we have been drawn against the Premier League champions in the fourth round of this season’s EFL Cup.

On Monday we will face Jurgen Klopp’s side at Anfield in our third league game of the season and it has now been confirmed that we will go back to Merseyside to face them in the fourth round of the EFL Cup on Thursday 1 October.

Liverpool thrashed Lincoln City 7-2 on Thursday in their third round tie whilst we beat Leicester City 2-0 the day earlier.

Klopp played a very young side against the League One outfit and also played his youngster’s in last season’s competition. Mikel Arteta greatly rotated his side for Wednesday’s game too, though Bernd Leno, David Luiz and Rob Holding all started.