Arsenal predicted XI to face Sheff Utd

Arsenal are back in Premier League action on Sunday following our midweek penalty shootout win over Liverpool in the EFL Cup.

Sheffield United are the visitors to the Emirates Stadium as we look to get back to winning ways against a side without a point or even a single goal from their opening three matches.

With an international break coming up after this game Mikel Arteta doesn’t need to rotate his side on Sunday.

Here’s the Arsenal XI I think we’ll see facing the Blades:

Goalkeeper: Bernd Leno
The German goalkeeper faces no competition for the starting spot following Emi Martinez’s departure to Aston Villa last month. Bernd Leno faces Sheffield United looking to keep his second clean sheet in the Premier League this season.

Defence: Rob Holding, David Luiz, Gabriel
Gabriel started midweek but hopefully he’s fit to start alongside David Luiz for the first time this weekend. I think this will be Mikel Arteta’s preferred back three moving forward, but fitness and fixture congestion has prevented it from happening so far. Wouldn’t be a bad game to partner the two Brazilians together against a non-scoring team and then with a fortnight to make adjustments in training afterwards. Rob Holding to play on the right-hand side.

Midfield: Hector Bellerin, Dani Ceballos, Granit Xhaka, Kieran Tierney
Gabriel coming into the left centre-back role allows for Kieran Tierney to move out of the back three and into his left wingback role where he excelled at the end of last season. This is where Arteta and Gunners fans ultimately want to see the Scotland international. Dani Ceballos and Granit Xhaka in the middle of the park and Hector Bellerin on the right make up the midfield four.

Attack: Willian, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Alexandre Lacazette has made a fine start to the season aside from missing a key one-on-one last weekend. The French international is set to remain an Arsenal player this month and will play the number 9 role. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Willian will flank the striker. The latter hasn’t produced much magic in his last two outings so would be nice to see the Brazilian deliver the goods on Sunday.

Here’s our team on paper: