Confirmed lineups: Man City vs Arsenal

Arsenal will be looking to overtake Liverpool to move into second place by avoiding defeat and/or close the gap on Premier League leaders Everton with a win away to Manchester City this afternoon.

Our FA Cup semi-final victory over the Citizens towards the end of last season and their two results directly before the international break should give us a good chance to get a result today.

Pep Guardiola’s side have been beaten 2-5 at home by Leicester City and held 1-1 by Leeds United in their previous two outings.

The two lineups for this evening’s game at the Etihad Stadium are confirmed as:

Arsenal

Bernd Leno; Rob Holding, Gabriel, Kieran Tierney; Hector Bellerin, Dani Ceballos, Granit Xhaka, Bukayo Saka; Nicolas Pepe, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Willian

Substitutes: Alex Runarsson, David Luiz, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Mohamed Elneny, Thomas Partey, Eddie Nketiah, Alexandre Lacazette

Mikel Arteta has made a few interesting decisions in the first game in two weeks but appears to be sticking to our 3-4-3 formation.

Rob Holding remains on the right-hand side of the back three as David Luiz is only among the substitutes, though it could easily be a back four with Hector Bellerin on the right against City’s talented attack.

What makes me think we’ll have four in midfield is because Bukayo Saka is starting and he’s not played central midfield for us. Deadline day signing Thomas Partey is only named among the substitutes.

Top scorer Alexandre Lacazette drops to the bench so it looks like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will move into the middle of the front three and Willian on the left.

Manchester City

Ederson; Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, Nathan Ake, Joao Cancelo; Rodri, Riyad Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling; Sergio Aguero

Substitutes: Zack Steffen, Eric Garcia, John Stones, Fernandinho, Ilkay Gundogan, Ferran Torres, Liam Delap

It looks as though Pep Guardiola will go with his trusted 4-1-4-1 formation.

Sergio Aguero is back from a lengthy absence to make his first appearance of the season. This will see Raheem Sterling move back to the left side of the attack having played the central striker role before the breka.

Manchester City will be without playmaker Kevin De Bruyne and centre-back Aymeric Laporte through injury. Deadline day signing Ruben Dias makes his second start for the club, alongside Nathan Ake. Joao Cancelo should play on the left side.