[Video Goals] Man City 1-0 Arsenal

Raheem Sterling scored the only goal of the game as Manchester City beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday evening.

It is our second defeat in three games and leaves us on nine points after five, dropping to four points behind leaders Everton. City remain below us, now on seven points with a game in hand.

The goal came midway through the first half when Bernd Leno denied Phil Foden only for the ball to find kindly to Raheem Sterling to rebound home from the penalty spot.

Sterling had been played alongside the returning Sergio Aguero in attack as Pep Guardiola was without playmaker Kevin De Bruyne and striker Gabriel Jesus.

Leno made a fine save to deny Foden again in the first half after our attempt to play the ball out from the back was intercepted, leading to the England international missing a one-on-one.

Mikel Arteta had switched to a 4-3-3 formation, likely in under an hour before kickoff, after Rob Holding pulled up with an injury in the warm-up, replaced by David Luiz.

The German goalkeeper was called into action before half-time to deny Riyad Mahrez from seven yards out as Manchester City were well on top in the opening 45 minutes.

Our best chance came when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang played Bukayo Saka in one-on-one with the wingers effort denied by the shoulder of Ederson, looping narrowly wide of the far post.

VAR chose to ignore Kyle Walker’s high boot on Gabrel inside the penalty area from a corner.

Watch the highlights from Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal here: