Confirmed lineups: Arsenal vs Leicester

Arsenal would move into one point of joint Premier League leaders Everton and Liverpool with a victory at home to Leicester City this evening.

Both teams were in Europa League action on Thursday – Mikel Arteta fielded a very strong side for our 2-1 win in Vienna, whilst Leicester City were at home in beating Zorya Luhansk from Ukraine 3-0.

Brendan Rodgers’ side had won their first three Premier League games of the season but have gone down at home to both West Ham United (0-3) and Aston Villa (0-1) in their last two matches.

The two teams for this evening’s game are confirmed as:

Arsenal

Bernd Leno; David Luiz, Gabriel, Kieran Tierney; Hector Bellerin, Thomas Partey, Dani Ceballos, Granit Xhaka; Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Bukayo Saka

Substitutes: Alex Runarsson, Shkodran Mustafi, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Mohamed Elneny, Nicolas Pepe, Joe Willock, Eddie Nketiah

It’s difficult to predict the exact formation Mikel Arteta has chosen here. Given he’s stuck to the 3-4-3 this season we could see Granit Xhaka on the left side of midfield, Alexandre Lacazette on the right-hand side of attack and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the middle.

Nicolas Pepe and Eddie Nketiah are attacking options on the bench.

Leicester City

Kasper Schmeichel; Wesley Fofana, Jonny Evans, Christian Fuchs; Timothy Castagne, Youri Tielemans, Namplays Mendy, James Justin; Danny Praet, James Maddison; Harvey Barnes

Substitutes: Danny Ward, Wes Morgan, Hamsa Choudhury, Marc Albrighton, Cengiz Under, Jamie Vardy

The surprise of the day is Jamie Vardy only on the bench for the visitors as Harvey Barnes or James Maddison are expected to take up the striker’s role. Rodgers has more faith in the attacking midfielders than Kelechi Iheanacho.

Leicester are set to play a back three where we should look to test Christian Fuchs in particular, as well as looking to get beyond their wingbacks.