Highlights: Arsenal 0-1 Leicester

Arsenal fell to a disappointing 0-1 loss at home to Leicester City on Sunday night as substitute Jamie Vardy haunted us in the final 10 minutes.

Mikel Arteta had named a strong starting XI for our 2-1 win at Rapid Vienna in the Europa League on Thursday night and we lacked energy for our return to the Premier League.

Alexandre Lacazette had a first half goal disallowed for Granit Xhaka standing in front of Kasper Schmeichel in an offside position, before the striker somehow managed to head wide in the middle of the goal from four yards out.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang failed to produce a single shot on target all match whilst the visitors started the game without an out-and-out striker in their starting lineup.

Vardy had been introduced on the hour and scored with Leicester’s first shot on target all match, in the 80th minute. The former England international headed into an empty net following a cross from fellow substitute Cengiz Under on the counter-attack.

Defeat leaves us down in 10th after six games, four points behind leaders Everton and three outside of the Champions League places. The boss will be expected to rotate the side this Thursday when we host Dundalk in the Europa League, before visiting Manchester United in the Premier League next Sunday.

Watch the highlights from Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City here: