Player Ratings: Leeds 0-0 Arsenal

Arsenal were somewhat fortunate to come away with a point from Elland Road on Sunday afternoon, although no another day VAR would have awarded us a penalty.

Marcelo Bielsa’s side took the game to us throughout, limiting us to chances on the counter-attack only.

The draw leaves us down in 11th and four points outside of the Champions League places prior to this evening’s game between Liverpool and Leicester City.

Here are my player ratings from Leeds United 0-0 Arsenal:

Bernd Leno 8 – Pulled off a string of good saves to deny the likes of Patrick Bamford from breaking the deadlock.

Hector Bellerin 8 – Jack Harrison did create a few chances but Leeds had a lot of the ball in our half, whilst the forward didn’t ever look like scoring. Hector Bellerin played an excellent through ball to Bukayo Saka late on which should have been converted.

Rob Holding 7 – Made numerous clearances to relieve the pressure, but did leave Patrick Bamford free in front of goal from a corner that we were grateful the Leeds striker could only head against the post.

Gabriel 7 – A couple of awkward blocks but a good performance in the middle of our defence.

Kieran Tierney 6 – A couple of shaky moments defensively and grateful that an unmarked Raphinha could only hit the outside of the post from close range late on.

Dani Ceballos 8 – An excellent defensive performance particularly after we were reduced to 10 men. Dani Ceballos worked his socked off to help us get a point today.

Granit Xhaka 7 – Fairly disciplined performance from the captain who looked after the ball well but didn’t see too much of it today.

Joe Willock 5 – Didn’t get involved too much in his first Premier League start of the season. Substituted immediately after Nicolas Pepe’s red card.

Nicolas Pepe 2 – Selfish decision to pick up a stupid red card right after half-time. Didn’t do much when he was on the field.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 5 – Didn’t get many sights on goal though should have been awarded a penalty after the break based on the one Manchester United were awarded yesterday.

Willian 4 – Was ineffective in the first half and not a great surprise that he was replaced before the start of the second.

Substitutes

Reiss Nelson (45 mins) 5 – Spent most of the game defending as Pepe was sent off five minutes into the second half. Poor deliveries from set plays.

Bukayo Saka (35 mins) 6 – Looked a threat on the counter-attack but did miss a one-on-one late on.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles (0 mins) N/A – Brought on in stoppage time to help run out the clock.

One Comment on “Player Ratings: Leeds 0-0 Arsenal”

  1. Thought Tierney deserved better than 6. He should be judged over the 90 minutes, not just that 10 second lapse.

    It becomes more and more obvious why Chelsea got rid of Willian, and I think the club need to cut their losses and move both Willian and Pepe (Le Peu) up into the Ozil seats.

    Perhaps Edu needs “cating” about players and their abilities. Just because the are Brazilian does NOT mean they are good.

    We still have Soares and Mari hiding somewhere. Now they were two good purchases!

    It seems we accumulated more Deadwood over the summer.

    The Arsenal board need to veto any attempt to create a Super League, because the current team would stink it up.